a b o u t + e x p e r i e n c e
a l e x c r u z s t u d i o
- Proprietorship. Design + construction working drawing contract work for single family residential and multi-family residential townhouse developments
Revery Architecture, 2018 to Present
- Construction working drawings for The Butterfly by Westank
Chris Dikeakos Architects, 2012 to 2017, 2005-2006
- Daily support for multiple projects ranging in phases from design development to construction working drawing production for low/mid/high rise residential and mixed-use projects with duties including client/consultant liaison and coordination for major submissions such as municipal design development and building permit applications, full issue for construction client submissions, & full issue for tender client submissions
- Schematic and conceptual design project development demonstrating space relationships, presentations, rezoning assistance, zoning review, alternate design approaches, building code and municipal bylaw review, and coordination of engineering consultants concepts
- Recent projects include:
- Anthem Metrotown Station Square Site 2 & 3 (high rise/mixed-use) - Rezoning, BP, Preliminary Plan Approval, IFC, and Tender (September 2013 to June 2015)
- Anthem Station Square Site 5 (high rise/mixed-use) - Rezoning, Preliminary Plan Approval, BP, IFC, Tender (October 2015 to January 2017)
- Intergulf's The Peak Burnaby Mountain (high rise/mixed-use) - Issued for 4th reading, BP, Preliminary Plan Approval, IFC, Issued for Tender (January 2016 to Present)
- Boffo Modello (high rise/mixed-use) - Rezoning, Preliminary Plan Approval, BP, IFC, Issued for Tender (November 2012 to February 2015)
- Bosa Solo Phase 3 IFC and Issued for Tender & BOSA “The Residences at Lynn Valley” (high rise/mixed-use)
- Suterbrook Parcel C (4 storey mixed-use residential/commercial) project management from schematic design to BP (2005-2006) and IFC. Additional noteworthy ONNI project experience also includes twin 41 story Seattle Times towers in Seattle, Washington, USA (2015-2017).
- Liberty Homes Cascade residential high rise (high rise residential) in Westwood Plateau, Coquitlam, B.C. conceptual design through to the design development application submission (2005-2006)
Bing Thom Architects, 2007 to 2009
- Design development to IFC working drawing production for Tarrant County College located in Fort Worth, Texas, USA.
- IFC working drawing detailing and shop drawing review for the Arena Stage Theatre for Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. including the intricate exterior curved curtainwall glazing, heavy timber facade and metal roof structure. Daily coordination and communication with the builder on site during construction, responding to requests for information with architectural site instructions and architectural sketches.
Duomo Construction, 2006-2007
- Manual labour construction assisting the general contractor on single family residential housing projects in British Properties, West Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, and Coquitlam.
KMBR Architects Planners Inc. 2004-2005
- Draftsperson duties for Onni's The Point (high rise residential tower) and Charlton Park
T E S T I M O N I A L
The owner and operator of the company is Alexander Cruz. He graduated from the Architectural and Building Engineering Technology program from the British Columbia Institute of Technology as well as the LEED Green Associate examination and has worked in the field with firms including KMBR, Chris Dikeakos Architects, and Bing Thom Architects.
"Alexander worked on several significant projects providing site planning and building details on designs provided by the architects, and coordination of drawings with sub consultants. Projects included multi-family residential and a reinforced concrete high rise. He is personable with good work habits and a willingness to undertake the challenges presented to him."
- George Boorman, P. Eng, Principal, KMBR Killick Metz Bowen Rose
"Alex Cruz was employed at Chris Dikeakos Architects... during that time he worked directly with myself and other production teams utilizing and expanding his knowledge in building code and zoning as it applied to the projects he was involved in. He also had the opportunity to prepare presentation, construction, and design development drawings. We wish him all the luck and encourage him in his pursuits."
- John Clark AIA American Institute of Architects
"Alexander was an architectural technologist directly involved with our Downtown Campus project for Tarrant County College in Forth Worth, Texas and the Arena Stage Project in Washington, D.C... Alexander has the skills to make him a valuable asset and we have no reservations in recommending him."
- Michael Heeney maibc ri (bc) Prinicipal and Executive Director, Bing Thom Architects, Vancouver, B.C.